What’s that you say?
You haven’t even started your Summer Bucket List?? What-a-Ya Nuts?!
We have finally made it to the middle of summer. That means the summer is half-full and ready for use, so let’s fill up that bucket list with great ideas!
Drop the Remote
In this day and age, we all know how much time one can waste channel-surfing even though there are plenty of other ways to have fun while still relaxing. That’s why no Summer Bucket List is complete without some ideas for productive relaxation!
- Read a good book – And you shouldn’t stop at just one! Don’t worry if you need help finding a new book to read because we’ve got you covered. If you’re more interested in reading on your phone, tablet, or laptop, then check out Project Gutenberg for thousands of free ebooks!
- Try out an audiobook – Not a fan of relaxing with your eyes open? Or do you plan on spending a good chunk of your summer traveling? Then get your fix of literature this summer with an audiobook!
- Stock up on podcasts – Whether you’re looking for comedy, current events, political discussion, or just plain talking, podcasts are quickly becoming the go-to medium for on demand, on the go radio. Check out Digital Trends’ top 100 podcasts while making your Summer Bucket List!
- Locate water – No matter how you choose to spend your time relaxing, there is no better place to do so than by the water! Go to the local pool, the closest lake or river, or just drive to the coast and enjoy some fun in the sun!
While most people’s summertimes are bound to feature some good rest and relaxation, there is no better time to get get out and enjoy the world. Every Summer Bucket List should include something to get you moving and having fun!
- Plan a camping trip – Extend your time near the water or ditch the heat in the mountains by turning it into a full on camping trip! Check this map out to find a campsite anywhere across the USA.
- Pick up geocaching – If you’ve never experienced the thrill of discovering a hidden treasure or leaving one for another to find, then you’ve got to add geocaching to your Summer Bucket List!
- Find a festival – The summer is heating up as we get closer to August, and the music is getting even hotter! It’s not too late to score tickets to one of the big festivals like Burning Man, Lollapalooza or Lockn’, but if you want to stay close to home, there are still plenty of festivals across the country.
- Play ‘trip roulette’ – Even though we shouted, “What-a-Ya Nuts?!” when we heard about Heineken’s roulette based campaign a few years ago, adding a bit of randomness to your next summer trip sounds like loads of fun. Flying is the most talked about method of departure roulette, but others have figured out how to safely unplan your next road trip!
We can’t always be on the go, which is why one of the best ways to spend free time is to tap into your creative side! Here are a few ideas for the Summer Bucket List that will both test and expand your imagination!
- Write something – It can be a short story, a blog post, a poem, or even a song! Looking for some help with getting started or have a case of writer’s block? Click here for some inspiring writing prompts!
- Make some tie dye – Are you someone who can’t seem to get enough tie dye? Save yourself the money and make your own, unique patterns! Never done it before? Well, here is a quick guide to get started, and, for those who learn better by watching, here is a quick how-to video!
- Draw or paint a picture – It doesn’t matter if you’re already a master of the fine arts or if your current masterpiece is a doodle you drew on your notes last week. Everyone can enjoy and benefit from drawing or painting throughout the summer! If you’re feeling brave, you can try the Hundred Day Drawing Challenge (of course you can paint too, if you’d like).
- Build it, don’t buy it – A Summer Bucket List is the perfect place to make time for starting your next project! Whether you want some chalk for the sidewalk, a new kitchen table or an add-on for the back patio, save yourself some money, learn a few new skills and do it yourself this summer!
Remember, Health Matters
Without your health and well-being it would be impossible to attempt any of your Summer Bucket List! So, whether you’re at home or traveling around, make sure you save some room for a healthy lifestyle.
- Start working out – Halfway through the summer is as good a time as ever to finally start working out like we all planned back in January. If you’ve got time to read a book, hit the beach, or go camping, then you can probably find the time to set yourself a goal, learn the proper exercises to reach your goal, and get into a routine.
- Befriend fruit – While we love to brag about how healthy tree-nuts are for you, there is no denying the power of fruits and vegetables. Why not challenge yourself this summer and try the 3 Day Vegetable Juice Detox or possibly a Complete Raw Food Day.
- Garden for Fall – The end of July and the beginning of August is essentially the perfect time for Fall gardening. If you’re unsure about what will grow in your area this time of year, this site will give you a planting calendar based on your zip-code.
Well, there you have it folks. If you can’t find something in there to help you enjoy and make the most of the summer, then I don’t know what to tell you (except to follow the links listed below). We hope you enjoy the remainder of your summer and don’t forget to Snack In Sanity!
- Find more bucket list ideas at: